By Shout-Africa.com Reporter-Ghana – Liberia with it impressive performance on the African terrain this year at the WAFU Tournament could not still take anything from the CAF Award 2011, which was held yesterday in the Ghanaian capital, Accra.
Liberia has therefore failed to get any football recognition coming to the end of the year. Apart from the LFA President ascendency to a WAFU position.
The player award – which was won by Samuel Eto’o last year – is voted on by the head coaches of Africa’s national teams. The Women’s Footballer of the Year award was won by Nigeria’s Perpetua Ijeoma Nkwocha who beat South Africa’s Nompumelelo Nyandani of South Africa and Equatorial Guinea’s Miriam Paixao Silva.
Botswana won the National Team of the Year award while Niger boss Harouna Doula scooped the Coach of the Year award for steering his country to the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time.
Below is the full list of award winners:
- Africa Player of the Year – Yaya Toure
- Fair Play award – Libyan National team
- Coach of the Year – Harouna Doula
- National team of the Year – Botswana
- Women’s National Team of the Year – Cameroon
- Club of the Year – Esperence de Tunis (Tunisia)
- Referee of the Year – Noumandiuez Doue (Cote d’Ivoire)
- Most Promising Talent of the Year – Souleymane Coulibaly (Cote d’Ivoire)
- Women’s Footballer of the Year – Perpetua Ijeoma Nkwocha (Nigeria)
- Legend Award – Austin Jay Jay Okocha (Nigeria)
- Legend Award – Mustapha Hadji (Morocco)
- Platinum Award – John Atta Mills (Ghana)
- Africa Based Player of the Year – Oussama Darragi (Tunisia)
Africa’s Finest XI:
- Samir Aboud (Libya),
- Harrison Afful (Ghana),
- Banana Yaya (Cameroon),
- Ayoub Eikhiqi (Morocco),
- Taye Taiwo (Nigeria),
- Seydou Keita (Mali),
- Kevin-Prince Boateng (Ghana),
- Yaya Toure (Cote d’Ivoire),
- Andre Ayew (Ghana),
- Moussa Sow (Senegal) and
- Samuel Eto’o.