Florence Chaurura would you like to introduce yourself to Shout-Africa readers, please?
It is my pleasure to be welcomed and interviewed by your very useful and informative platform.
1. What does this nomination at the Zim Achievers awards mean to you and your business?
Being nominated is honour and a privilege to know that I have obviously somehow imparted on some people’s lives out there hence it has become the fuel of my passion.
2. Are you familiar with some of the other nominees in your category and the other categories?
Yes I am .In fact I have met some of them in some other events
3. Was there any particular reason that made you decide to become an entrepreneur?
Oh yes I have always believed that there is more to my capacity than just working for someone.I also believe that money buys me comfort, it may not buy me happiness but I would rather be miserable in comfort.
4. What is the best way to describe your business?
I operate 2 different businesses the first one is a cosmetic business and the latest one is training and managing consultancy and I am a passionate speaker too!
5. How and when did you come up with your business idea?
I have tried several other businesses before but when I went into the cosmetics business I thrived very fast because there was a lot of training and support from the company. I started the cosmetic business 9years ago. What gave me the passion to start a training company was the fact that I enjoy teaching and mentoring small business owners. In actual fact I believe that every human being in this universe has the capacity to evolve into a giant only if they get the opportunity to be mentored and trained.
6. What are some of the biggest challenges you faced starting up and how did you overcome them?
Oh well, talking of challenges there are many but the biggest one is the motivation to carry on in the midst of negativity. I had to get a mentor and also learn to read inspirational material.
7. What are the biggest challenges you face now?
Not many at all I am actually enjoying the growth that I am experiencing in actual fact I feel I have gone through a full circle in terms of obstacles hence I do not pay any attention to them anymore.
8. What advice would you give other Zimbabwean entrepreneurs starting out today?
- Well I would say do not go into business because of money ….Start something that you are so passionate about that way when the money does not come you still have the love of your business to carry you through.
- Know your business – meaning be the master of your own art let no one doubt your passion
- Learn to self educate – I am believer in that whatever you want to do there is a book, a seminar or someone who has done it so well before so go find the information so that you do not waste time making a way and finding a way.
- In fact I am just finishing a book about this topic so watch this space