Gender DynamiX are pleased to announce that it can offer a 3-month internship to a transgender person in South Africa. Gender Dynamix are encouraging transgender individuals with interest and/or experience and commitment to activism and the transgender communities in South Africa, to apply. The three months will see involvement in the outreach work of Gender DynamiX, and the intern will be provided with the chance to learn practical skills in terms of organising outreach, as well as working in an NGO.
Transport to Cape Town will be provided for, as well as a basic living stipend for the duration of the internship. This opportunity does NOT constitute employment, and does not entitle anyone to any right to employment afterwards.
– Has to be a transgender individual
– Good English and at least one African language
– Willingness to relocate to Cape Town for the duration of the internship
– Immediate availability, as dates are not flexible
– Interest and/or experience in activism
– Has to be a South-African National
By 7 February, please submit a cv, and a motivation to Liesl Theron (email@example.com) or Robert Hamblin
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, application may be sent by regular mail to P.O. Box 347, Athlone, CT 7760.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
Deadline for submissions: 7 February 2011
Telephone: 021 633-5287 021 633-5287