REGIONAL COORDINATOR: NORTHERN REGION
The National Association of Non- Governmental Organisations (NANGO) is looking for a person to fill in the position of Regional Coordinator that has arisen within the membership department. The position is for immediate placement. The contract will run for an initial period of six months with a possibility of extension.
The incumbent shall be responsible for and not limited to;
- Coordination of the northern region NANGO office.
- Initiate and implement project activities within the region.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment, engagement and retention strategies.
- Facilitate the mobilization and coordination of CSO activities at regional level for timely interventions and enhanced policy influence.
- Resource Mobilization.
- Overseeing the use of resources including reporting on resources allocated to the region.
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting on factors affecting the NGO operating space.
The duty station is Harare but work shall be done in the whole of Mashonaland province.
The preferred candidate needs to have:
1) At least a first degree in the following fields of study; development studies, economics, psychology, sociology and any other relevant degree.
2) At least five years of work experience within the NGO sector preferably at management position
3) The ability to work in a team environment
Competencies required include:
-Research and analytical skills
-Strong report writing and communication skills
-Proposal writing skills
-Goal-setting, action planning and
-Strong interpersonal skills, the capacity to build and nurture relationships
-Self-directed, well-organised, and deadline-driven
*Women are encouraged to apply
*Please note that feedback will only be given to shortlisted candidates
Interested individuals should submit their application not later than the 7th of July 2010 to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Number 5 Meredith Drive, Eastlea, and Harare.