Kingdom of Buganda
Buganda Conference 2011
Promotion of Investment in Buganda and Uganda.
Hotel Africana, Kampala Uganda
15-16th Dec. 2011.
Notes for the Press 11/3/2011
The Kingdom of Buganda is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Buganda Conference to run from 15th to 16th December.
1. Venue:Hotel Africana, Kampala Uganda.
2. Theme: Promotion of Investment in Buganda: What are the opportunities and Challenges.
a) To take stock of the investment opportunities and challenges in the Kingdom of Buganda.
b) To examine ways in which the public in Buganda may be mobilized to work with the Kingdom to exploit investment opportunities in a manner that benefits both the Kingdom and the Public. In this regard to explore the possibility of the creation of a mutual fund and or collective investment schemes with the help of specialized investment advisers and or fund managers.
c) To offer a platform for dialogue and tocreate more awareness on funding opportunities and other support available for small and medium scale enterprises from the Central Government and the private Sector.
d) To discuss and develop a strategic approach to investments in the Kingdom borrowing a leaf from other Kingdoms in Africa and beyond.
4. Card sales – Cards will be sold at 20,000/= at the following locations.
· CBS Desk at Bulange Mengo
· Aristock Booklex – Kampala road and Garden city
· Radio One/ Akaboozi ku Biri Duster Street opposite City House.
5. Guest Speakers – these shall include-
· Hon Maria Kiwanuka – Minister of Finance Planning and Economic Development
· Owek. Mohamood Thobani – Minister For Investments, Kingdom of Buganda.
· Mr. Peter Kimbowa – Management Consultant.
· Owek. Kaddu Kiberu – Chairman UMA and Peacock Paints.
· Mr. Joseph Kitamirike – Executive Director Uganda Securities Exchange.
· Centenary Bank – Official
· Investment advisors and several others.
· Day one – Opening of exhibition of selected investors and opening of youth conference – on sub theme – Promotion of Investment and Entrepreneurial Skills among the Youth in Buganda.
· Day Two – Main Conference – on the theme Promotion of Investment in Buganda: What are the opportunities and Challenges.
7. Exhibition: We shall have stalls of selected investors who will show how they have succeeded in the promotion of investment in Buganda.
8. Sponsorship – Eggwanika Lya Buganda, Muteesa I Royal University, CBS, Edoobozi, and others.
9. Entertainment: Plenty of entertainment after the conference.
10. Guest of Honor : The Nnaabagereka shall open the Conference and The Kabaka of Buganda shall close it.
Apollo N Makubuya
Chairman Conference Organising Committee.